Part 2 -Happily Ever After – Changing Your Personal Story!



In part 1, we talked about how the thinking mind can take control of our lives by the power we are giving away to the thoughts, feelings and actions that are not moving us towards becoming the greatest version of ourselves.


What are some of the thoughts that hold men back from re-writing their stories and reaching their full potential?

  • I am not good enough
  • I am not worthy
  • Fear of failure
  • I don’t have the skills or the talents to get the job I want
  • I do not have the financial resources to change my situation
  • He or she is in a better situation than I am and they don’t have it as hard as I do
  • I don’t have the support from my family and friends
  • I will make the changes when my life changes for the better

The latest research in Behavioral Science uncovers some of the reasons as to  ‘Why’ we get caught up in the negative thinking cycles that lead us towards engaging in un-resourceful behaviors such as:

  • Watching internet porn (94% of young men admit to watching internet porn 3 x per week)
  • Drug and alcohol addictions
  • Violence
  • Comfort eating
  • Online gaming, Social media and internet overuse
  • Gambling
  • Ruminating about the past

Many people spend 95% of their time caught up in the never-ending cycle of countless thoughts, either coming from the past or projecting towards an unknown future, half the time they would not have a clue as to when these projections are taking place.

Did you know that only 5% of thoughts are initiated from the higher mind, that part of the mind that is creative?

It is in this space and this space alone that we are able to create a life that is aligned with our hearts desires, moving us towards a life filled with purpose and meaning.

Epigentetics is a study pioneered by Dr Bruce H. Lipton that can help us to gain an understanding into how our thoughts shape our reality. Years ago it was believed that our genes had the greatest influence over our destiny; many people believed this and regularly blamed their genes as the reason for ill health and physical deficiencies. We now know that the genes only account for 20% of the story and it is our association within the environment that makes up the other 80%.

Therefore if we continue to associate our mind in the patterns of negative thinking and continue to avoid the painful emotions that emerge then we are likely to experience the consequences of negative thinking:

  • Obstacles to self-change and feeling stuck.
  • Anxiety, depression, and addiction.
  • Exposure to criticism or judgement
  • Perfectionism
  • Addiction to drugs or alcohol to escape the cycle

Part 3 -Happy Ever After – Changing The  Story, looks at strategies and solutions that can help us to take 100% responsibility for our thoughts, feelings and behaviors. It is only when we take full responsibility for ourselves do we allow the opportunity to move beyond our limitations.

About the blogger, Dean Quirke is an Educator, Coach and Youth Activist, The Founder of YoungMen’sGroup and creator of ‘The Ultimate Work Experience, White Ribbon Ambassador and Speaker.

Like us out on FB:



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s